-

-

zaterdag 4 juli 2015

#RW15 part I

Phuw! It's hot out here.

Hi dears.

Today's forecast: 34 degrees. It's been like this for a couple of days now and I'm so not used to it.
I still look like a hamster, because of Tuesday's surgery, so staying inside will be the best option for me.

Rock Werchter was moved one week ahead for some big headliners - Foo Fighters and Muse, yeah -
and after Dave Grohl and band cancelled, people were even more frustrated about it. There were people who missed a few days festival because of their exams.

Looking back afterwards, I'm glad it was a week earlier. I cannot imagine us sitting in our tents or watching bands at Main Stage with these temperatures. We already woke up sweating with 24 degrees.
As promised, I'll give you reviews of a selection of seen concerts.



Christine and the Queens

I don't know how she does it, but she gave the best performance I've ever seen. Her dance moves, her expressions, her weirdness... : it all perfectly fit together. Everyone was moving their asses, I had a really great time.



Balthazar

Yes, you've seen this name already quite a lot on my blog (here, here and here). I'm a super fan, so this concert was doomed to be great. At first I was really disappointed, because there were some timetable changes. I wanted to be front row for Balthazar, but, because Ben Howard cancelled, Balthazar overlapped a bit with Alt-J. I wanted to attend both concerts and to be in time at Alt-J, I had to slip away earlier so front row was no option.
Luckily me and my friend found a great place to watch and I enjoyed their show to the fullest. I get the best feeling in the world when I'm able to sing songs along with the artist, I feel united then.

I fell in love with their t-shirt collection, so I bought one.



Ibeyi

I didn't know what to expect, but these twins can create the best music! It was cool to watch how they react with each other. I love the fact that their name comes from Yoruba, a Nigerian language their ancients spoke, meaning 'twins'.
They are worth listening to.

Muse

Of course, Muse. It has been my biggest dream to watch them live. During some processes in my life, their music has supported and inspired me a lot. Their sound is phenomenal, no better word to describe it. I feel part of something bigger while hearing their songs.

I share my passion for the band with one of my best friends. When they were touring with their previous album, Muse stopped by two times in Belgium. Sadly enough it was both times during our exams so my friend and I were very disappointed that we couldn't go.
Watching Muse finally live next to him felt like the right place and time to make this dream come true.

The show was awesome, everything I expected from them. (Okay, maybe they should've played Resistance too, but no blaming.)
It was a great end to an even greater festival.


St. Paul and The Broken Bones

This band opened the festival and was in my opinion really nice. They had soul, showed that they had fun and made us dance. That's all I needed at that very moment.
They're not that famous, but still ruled the stage.
I talked about them before: here.


This was the first part of my review, more of this will follow later.
Have a great (hot) Saturday and enjoy the summer!

Love


The Losing Struggle

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

If you decide to follow me (Bloglovin, Blogger, G+ , Email,... ) please let me know. I think it's really important to know more about you, my readers.


Follow