-

-

zaterdag 21 maart 2015

DIY: Swear jar

Hello!

I love weekends. Even though I still need to work for school, there's a little less pressure on me and some time to do random stuff. Today I worked on this (very little) project, which has been on my mind lately: a swear jar!

I hate swearing, I really do. Especially at home, I think it's inappropriate. It breaks the peace that should be in your house. Ever since I was little, I've learned not to use such words, but over the years, our family composition has a bit changed. The new members at home use these f*ck-like words (sorry) from time to time and me no likey. My mom and I decided to do something about it, so this morning I grabbed and old jar and some paint: a swear jar was born.

I put a common saying in Dutch on it, hier vloekt men niet, which means something like 'no cursing in here'. Normally they put 'God sees me,' in front of it, but I decided not to 'cause I've lost my belief in God during some events in my life (and also because my jar wasn't that big).

Take a look at the result:






Each time someone swears in this house, they'll have to put one euro in the jar. As you can see, it isn't empty anymore: my stepfather and mister swear jar have met very soon. 
Hopefully we can do something nice with this money after a while, we'll see about that!

Do you swear a lot?
And what do you think about the idea of using a swear jar at home?

Love

PS: Have you noticed the little (improvised) vase next to the jar? I was looking for a cool way to re-use some old perfume bottles and this is a quite nice solution, isn't it?


The Losing Struggle

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. Sometimes it feels good to let your creativity go!

      Thanks for visiting
      x

      Verwijderen
  2. Love the jar :P I don't swear and if I do (which is barley ever) I feel so guilty after, my whole family swears, which I hate.

    Florals&Smiles
    Twitter

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Nice that you like it!
      Yes, I would feel guilty about it too.

      Thanks
      x

      Verwijderen
  3. Beautiful idea and nice work my dear!!!! Have a nice day, kisses (and thank you for your visit),
    Eni

    Eniwhere Fashion
    Eniwhere Fashion Facebook

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

If you decide to follow me (Bloglovin, Blogger, G+ , Email,... ) please let me know. I think it's really important to know more about you, my readers.


Follow