zaterdag 23 mei 2015


Hi dears,
long time no see!

Big times coming, exams are just a few weeks away now. Stress is showing a bit, hopefully I can keep myself as calm as I was previous semester. Tomorrow afternoon I have a family party to attend, this means some time to relax.

Cool light effect in the tent
Music is my remedy. It can bring so much joy and yet so much pain at the same time. The most indescribable feeling for me is standing in a big tent full of people who share my love for music. Being at festivals, listening to the artists who filled my lonely days, dried some tears and shared my happiness, is so extremely cool. I love seeing that these songs mean something for everyone around me.

I try to choose good ways to relax these weeks and yesterday the choice was clearly made. This weekend there's a (rather small, cheap) festival a couple of kilometers from my home, called Gladiolen. Two groups I like came to play there and I didn't hesitate to buy a ticket.

First was Willow, a great Belgian band. Not sure if you know them already, but they're worth Googling!
I love their music, it was fun listening.


After them came Dotan. I have been listening to his album for a really long time and I knew almost all the lyrics. It felt so great.
Quite cool to be standing so close to home in front of such a great singer.

While walking to the exit, I saw quite a lot of people in front of the t-shirt shop and I decided to go take a look. At first I didn't believe my eyes: Dotan was standing there, selling his own cds!

How great, I was already planning on buying the album, so why not receiving it out of his own hands with a personal message on it?? Luck was on my side.

My signed album by Dotan

I enjoyed last night, escaping the stress of life. Music is a savior.

For you all: have a great evening!


PS: If you're watching Eurovision, vote for Belgium! We rock.

The Losing Struggle

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

If you decide to follow me (Bloglovin, Blogger, G+ , Email,... ) please let me know. I think it's really important to know more about you, my readers.