-

-

woensdag 13 juli 2016

Asleep

I like reading books I've never read 'cause it always makes me look at certain things differently. Some authors are great at showing sides of society I hadn't even thought about. From time to time my mind just wants to calm down, so reading books I've already read can be a nice escape. The one book that always pops up then is The perks of being a wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.

If you haven't read this book, you should. I cannot explain directly what makes it so special, it's just every aspect of it. The spontaneous humor, the truth behind all of it, the sad loneliness that people can relate to,...

What I like even more is the fact that a lot of books and music are talked about in the book. Charlie, the main character, makes some mix tapes with music that's special to himself and other persons. I discovered the song Asleep by The Smiths and knowing all the feelings of Charlie that go along with this song, makes it even better. (Oh I'm confusing reality and fiction again, my bad.) He also said something very meaningful to me, that each song has been listened to by so many people in so many situations. These songs have been supporting or encouraging persons in all different places. It's something I've thought about before, but now even more.


Love

PS: I have lots of things to tell you about, stay tuned!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

If you decide to follow me (Bloglovin, Blogger, G+ , Email,... ) please let me know. I think it's really important to know more about you, my readers.


Follow