donderdag 17 september 2015

Thrift shop

Hey you, can we go thrift shopping?

Thrift shops. They all differ in offer and size. Some only sell clothing, others also furniture and kitchenware and sometimes small secondhand markets appear a couple of times a year.
I adore buying things that have already been used by other people. It carries something magical with it and at the same time I feel like I'm helping the environment a little bit. Recycling old stuff is good, right?

My love for thrift shopping came up last year, when I was creating an own, little space in my student city Leuven. Mom and I decided to take a look at our local recycling shop, where they sell almost any kind of object you can imagine (seats, mirrors, tea cups, clothes, beds, paintings, vases, books, shoes, closets, bikes, jewelry,... like really everything).

Beside a lot of glasses with golden details (love it!), we stumbled upon a rose pouf and an old, wooden mirror. The prices were too low to ignore, so the decision was made really quickly. I made it my little project and painted the wood: the result was magnificent.

While in Ghent with some friends, we coincidentally walked by the secondhand shop Think Twice. Inside I found the perfect turtleneck blouse with a subtle glitter in it. I tried my best to take decent pictures of it, but I honestly start to think that this piece is a bit camera-shy. Be confident blouse, you're totally awesome.

I'm showing you the glitters. The rest is left to your imagination.

Since I can be a bit clumsy from time to time, a lot of golden kitchenware I bought last year broke. That's the reason I decided to pay a visit to the thrift shop again. I scored some really cool tea cups and shot glasses but what I'm even more excited about, is the pieces of clothing I bought.

Come on seriously, how superduper cool are these?
An incredibly soft turtleneck sweater for only 10 euros and those used, dark brown boots for just 8 euros: there's no possible way I'm being scammed.

Have you ever bought something in a thrift shop?

Lots of love

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

If you decide to follow me (Bloglovin, Blogger, G+ , Email,... ) please let me know. I think it's really important to know more about you, my readers.