zaterdag 24 januari 2015


Blogging. Sounds like a dream to me, being able to write everything that's stuck in your head down and throw it on the world wide web.

I've been following all kinds of blogs ever since I had access to the internet and my admiration for these bloggers is extremely big. They use their voices to share their opinions and they mean something to all of their true readers. That's my biggest goal, sharing the lessons I've learned through life because I do think I can inspire people whenever they've lost their hope.

Then why now, why after all this time starting to blog? I honestly never felt good enough to do this and I actually still don't. It's not that I'm ashamed of this, but I don't feel 100% comfortable writing down my thoughts. I don't know what this experience will bring, but this can be a good way for me to express my feelings, which is always a good idea, right?

The one big reason for this all, can be described by the name of one single person: Heidegger. Yes indeed, Martin Heidegger, a German philosopher born in the 19th century. I'll explain why.
As a engineering student (yes, girls can also be good engineers, trust me) I have a lot of sciences, but our university also offers us philosophy as a standard course. To be honest, next to all the mathematical knowledge, I'm incredibly fascinated by philosophy and especially by what Heidegger stands for.

Sein-zum-Tode (or Being-toward-death) is the most inspiring idea I've read about in a long time. It tells us that the choices we make, reveal who we really are, just because we don't have an eternity left. We choose to do the things we love, because we aren't able to do everything we can think of. We know that death is coming at some point.

This is where I was reminded that right now is the moment to live and to choose for what I stand for. I am strong and I need to regain the trust in myself. I'm willing to try my very best to show the world that life hasn't knocked me down completely.

Step by step I'm getting back up, growing bigger and bigger, every single day. I miss you dad, you'd be proud of me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

If you decide to follow me (Bloglovin, Blogger, G+ , Email,... ) please let me know. I think it's really important to know more about you, my readers.